So I have had a plan in my head for the past couple of months. This plan was in preparation of my 40th and wanting to feel the best and be my best me when I hit that milestone birthday! Well I just happened to recently celebrate my 39th birthday so I figured it was time that I start to really put this plan into action! It is easy for me to SAY something but it is much harder for me to DO it – hence this little blog to keep me accountable!
I have always been a list person. I feel so much better when I make a list and am able to check things off as I go. The list not only makes me feel more productive, but it also keeps things prioritized for me. No joke – I often accomplish something just before making the list, and include it on the list just so I know I will have momentum! HA! (Please tell me I not the only one that does this!!)
So to start my #enrouteto40 journey I present to you MY LIST of 40 items I want to accomplish by 40! These items are small and big things that I think will help me to reach my ultimate goal of feeling the best and being the best me! I am sharing them publicly in hopes that it makes me EVEN MORE accountable but also because I welcome kicks in the butt in case I start to fall off track! I have also set up an Instagram account to also capture parts of this list (you’ll understand better as you read the list!) – so look for that if that short of thing interests you! 🙂
Without further ado…
- Exercise at minimum 156 times this year – approximately 3 times a week
- Read a personal development book each month! (Feel free to send me some suggestions of your favorites and as I read them I will share my favorites!)
- Start a Blog about #enrouteto40 to keep me on track!! (See what I did there – CHECK – momentum engaged!) √
- Learn a new healthy CLEAN recipe one Sunday a month. (If it is amazing – you will hear about it! AND send me suggestions of things I should try or where you get your favorite recipes.)
- Do something for someone else twice a month to bring a smile and joy to their life. (I probably won’t blog too much about this one as that kind of defeats the point I think, but I will figure out somehow to let you know when I do it!)
- Send a letter to a different family or friend once a month for the entire year via snail mail!
- Volunteer once a month (I am most looking forward to this one and need to make a list of places that look for volunteers – have a suggestion, send it my way!)
- PICTURES!! Take pictures of things that inspire you or make you smile! (Hence Instagram)
- One Weekend a month go PHONELESS
- Book a Trip that is on my Bucket List (You think this list is long…you should see my travel bucket list! HA!)
- Learn something new with myHusband! (Sorry T, you can’t escape the list!! I am thinking a class of some sort maybe a language, maybe exercise, the possibilities are endless!)
- See the Jays play in TO and 1 other city!! (I am a huge Toronto Blue Jays fan so to see them twice this year would be amazing, adding a new city to the trip is a BONUS!)
- Do a Pull Up without assistance!
- Stick to a debt reduction plan and build my savings. (I am pretty sure most people have this on their list, but I have so much trouble sticking to the plan – anyone else feel me when it comes to money plans?!?)
- In the summer, visit 5 places in Nova Scotia that I have never visited before.
- Fly 1st Class (Oh there will be pictures…)
- Attend a Mawio’mi (This is a gathering also known as a Powwow – I picked this as it is a part of my culture and important to me.)
- Take a Wine Course
- Build something for the house
- Put date night on the calendar each month for a year and NEVER miss them or reschedule them. (Because my husband is my best friend and my number 1 supporter – he deserves to be appreciated! AND because I made him a part of this list without asking…)
- Go on a Vacation that isn’t planned at least once this year – when the feeling strikes!
- De Clutter EVERY room in my house.
- Go to a live concert.
- Start an email account for my niece and nephew and share stories with them that they can read when they get older. (They are just 2 and 5, but this might be fun for them to read when they are older!)
- Break at least one bad habit (not going to lie this will probably be food related and TOUGH!)
- Spend more time getting to know my Nieces. (They are teenagers now, so this could be fun!)
- Have a coffee date with a friend once a month – this can be face to face or via FaceTime or skype!
- Attend a Celtic Colors event.
- Start my Master’s Thesis.
- Do something that I am afraid of!
- Review a place I have stayed, a new restaurant and a business.
- Attend a live play.
- Buy a new outfit that makes me feel amazing!
- Start a Gratitude journal.
- Tell someone that inspires me – why and how they inspire me – at least 4 times this year!
- On day a month send an email to myself about something that makes me special and unique – read them on my 40th birthday.
- Spend more time with family and take pictures with them.
- Learn to Meditate.
- Go on an overnight hike/camping adventure
- Celebrate 3 days this year that are odd to me and go all out with your celebrations (for example bathtub party day or brownie day – each of those I could totally get behind!)
I think there are possibilities to link items on this list, and also opportunities for me to do more then list. But for now READY…SET…GO – make this year AMAZING self!