It was on the list and this past Sunday it HAPPENED (well the first of 12). I have to admit I love clean eating, it makes me feel productive – so this wasn’t a HUGE challenge!
A few weeks ago we picked up a new cookbook called Yum & Yummer by Greta Podleski (you might recognize the name from Looneyspoons Cookbook series). This cookbook is quickly becoming my favorite and go-to for delicious healthy recipes.
So far from the cookbook we have made:
- Slow Cooker Chicken, Veggie & Brown Rice Soup
- Quinoa & Sweet Potato Skillet Meal
- Grilled Chicken Souvlaki with Tzatziki Dipping Sauce (except I baked our Chicken)
- Blueberry Cornmeal Muffins
- Honey, Lime & Sriracha Grilled Chicken with Grilled Pineapple Salsa (on the menu for this week but haven’t made yet – doesn’t it sound DELICIOUS!)
And our Clean Sunday Dinner was:
Beef and Quinoa Meatloaf – So Yummy!
There were plenty of leftovers, so I had hoped to use the meatloaf to make a mini Shepherd’s Pie (with regular and sweet potato topping) the next night. BUT if you saw my Instagram post yesterday you know that some days I get a little overwhelmed so we had leftover meatloaf with French fries instead. Question – If I put the French fries on top of the meatloaf can it be considered Shepherd’s pie?!? HAHA So we ALMOST managed to get two healthy dinners out of one! Kind of a DOUBLE BONUS!
All in all – I highly recommend this RECIPE and the cook book. I am sure there will be plenty more meals to be made from it!
If you have a tried and true, absolutely must have, Clean Meal that you think I need to have for one of my Sunday Dinners – PLEASE send it my way!