I am going to start this blog with a confession – I have started to write 6 times this summer and only got half way through posts….TRUE STORY!!
But you know what – I am OK with that! Want to know why?
It is probably because it means I stopped writing to go out and sit on the back deck and enjoy some time chatting with my husband, or it means we were in the midst of packing for a quick weekend getaway with family or friends, or it means we were celebrating weddings with family, or it means we were celebrating milestone birthday’s with some of our favorite people, or it means we were getting to snuggle our new born nephew…
I think you get it, we had a jam packed fun summer. It was spent with family, friends, just us – it was GLORIOUS!
I actually realized last weekend when we were at the family cottage and a friends 40th birthday, I rarely took my phone out. This is unusual because I am always trying to snap a pic to capture the moment, but I am learning that I love just being in the moment. And I am learning that I don’t always need my phone. I LOVE the moments! I LOVE the learning I have had over the summer.
I love the busy times, I love the quiet times, I LOVE….
So what did I learn this summer (some serious, some not):
- time/life is short – embrace it.
- family and friend time is important, but so is just Us time.
- I am becoming more comfortable being just me FOR me.
- I love my Heat Pump (it was HOT here this summer).
- Judgement is human nature but learning how to stop yourself and reflect on others positions takes practice and strength and makes you a better HUMAN! (I have a blog coming up about this)
- You don’t have to spend a lot of money to enjoy the company of others.
- I should own a pool.
Ok I think that is all for now. I am waiting to do my book reviews (there are at least 2) until September, because I am back in school then and it just feels like the right timing!
Until then – enjoy the rest of what summer has to offer you. DO something that makes you smile! And if you feel so inclined, let me know what you learned this summer!